Harmony Non-Invasive Pre-Natal Test (NIPT)
The Harmony Test costs £450.00 ( Inc ultrasound scan )
- Trisomy 21 ( Down Syndrome ), Trisomy 18 ( Edwards Syndrome ), Trisomy 13 (Patau Syndrome)
- Monosomy X – Also called Turners syndrome, a condition where a female is missing an X chromosome, and as a result, may have heart, endocrine, and learning problems
- Sex Chromosome Aneuploidy – It is useful to detect the difference in the number of X and Y chromosome. This can result in certain learning and/or behavioural challenges in addition to other health issues. Note- Not available for twin pregnancies.
- Fetal sex – Knowing whether your baby is male or female (also available with twins) can help you bond with the baby and prepare for either a boy or a girl.
You may opt out of Fetal Sex, Sex Chromosome Aneuploidy and Monosomy X if you wish. The Harmony test also does not assess the risk of mosaicism, partial trisomies or translocations.
Harmony test results normally take 10 days from arriving at the laboratory in London. Delays can occur due to bank holidays, and sample failure.
Two samples are sent to the laboratory so in the event of the first sample failing, a 2nd back up test can be analysed. If both samples fail, we offer a repeat test at no extra cost.
A Harmony NIPT Test can be used in singleton, twin, IVF, and egg donor pregnancies.
A Harmony NIPT Test cannot be used for patients with:
- Fetal demise
- > 2 fetuses
- Organ/Bone marrow transplant
- >18yrs maternal age
For more information on NIPT Testing please follow this link.