Growth and Well Being Scan
Growth and Well Being Scans cost £100.00 and are performed at 18-42 weeks by our Specialist Consultants in Fetal Medicine.
This scan aims to determine the growth and health of the fetus by measurement of the size of the fetal head, abdomen and thigh bone and calculation of an estimate of fetal weight. Examination of the movements of the fetus. Evaluation of the placental position and appearance.
- Fetal Wellbeing & Growth Scan, Includes Doppler Scan and Presentation - 18-40 weeks of pregnancy.
- An important pregnancy scan for all parents-to-be
- See baby’s heartbeat and baby’s movements
- Assess baby’s growth pattern
- Confirm the position of baby (presentation e.g cephalic or breech)
- Assess the position, appearance and function of the placenta, including the blood flow to baby- Umbilical Artery Doppler measurement
- Assess the quantity amniotic fluid (AFI) surrounding baby
- Confirm the gender of baby, if you wish to know your baby’s sex